Five Minute Ceviche
A simple, refreshing and versatile dish that delights both connoisseurs and non-fish lovers alike. Literally takes five minutes to prep, an six-twelve hours for optimal flavor development.
- 1 lb. Sea Bass (Fresh), cubed into 1/2″ cubes <– this is optimal, ‘pure’ ceviche. and any whitefish works fairly well. for a significantly less expensive (and faster) dish, just get the crab select ‘flaked crab’ from your local grocer.
- 2 serrano chiles or one habanero, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 10 limes, juice of
- 1 small bunch, Cilantro, chopped
- salt and brown sugar, to taste
- completely submerge fish and other ingredients in lime juice
- cover with cellophane
- marinate for an hour or until translucent
- serve with tostada or tortilla chips and a slice of lime