We’re theoretically eating a low-carb diet this week, which may or may not have everything to do with our venture to Vegas this weekend. It’s the first time in my life I’ve tried any sort of approach nearing low-carbs, and essentially the only tenets I’m holding loyal to are:
no bread, no pasta, no flour, no rice, no dessert, no crunchy snacks outside of carrots.
Not too infuriating, and still allows for some creativity and luscious eating if done properly (and also, an overdose on Krema chunky peanut butter, which is 100% pure peanuty nuttiness). That said, Bon Appetit had a great ‘New Chicken Parmesan’ recipe from their ‘boneless, skinless’ recipes feature, and it’s not only delicious, it was incredibly swift. Delicious, unique, swift and borderline low-carb?
I served this one with mashed fauxtatoes (cauliflower + garlic + cream cheese, recipe later) which was a great pseudo-carb complement.
- boneless, chicken chicken breasts
- freshly shaved/grated parmesan
- mozzarella – we used the real deal, sliced thiny
- grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- garlic, diced
- basil, full leaves
- 2 tbps fresh oregano
- brown sugar
- place tomatoes in mixing bowl with generous EVOO, garlic, oregano. let marinate for 10 – 30 minutes
- preheat oven to 500° F
- set tomatoes on roasting sheet
- use remaining oil (from tomatoes) to dress chicken, then season with salt, pepper, sugar
- place chicken atop the tomatoes, roast for 12 minutes (assuming 8 oz. chicken breast; adjust accordingly)
- pull out chicken, drape mozzarella over chicken and return to oven
- roast for 2-4 additional minutes or until melted and properly browned
- serve, swallow and smile!