Bacon = everybody’s guilty pleasure. Extra crunchy peanut butter = all things considered, my favorite snack food. Maybe, just maybe, my favorite food period. A combination of the two might be crunch overload for some, but it’s right up my texturally-oriented alley. Combine some natural sweetness with the honey and add a nice carb-laden vehicle for oral delivery and well. . .you have what is arguably the most crunchily satisfying snack on the planet.
Perfect for tailgating parties (where the idea was born in 2012), picnics, bbqs, kids’ parties or just plain munching – this is a truly awesome – and easy! – snack.
- 1/2 lb, high-quality bacon
- 4 pieces bread – I used a sliced kaiser roll here, but plain white bread is ideal. The softness combined with its ability to crunch properly upon toasting is perfect.
- peanut butter – I prefer extra crunchy (a brand called Krema is my favorite – literally 100% peanuts, and left in nice-sized crunch bitelets)
- honey, enough to drizzle a complete layer on the peanut butter
- really fry the bacon to a good crisp, but don’t let it burn. once crisped properly, set it on a paper towel and let it rest
- if you are using white bread toast until crisp; any other kind of bread toast lightly
- spread crunchy peanut butter on bread evenly while toast is still warm [if you keep your peanut butter in the refrigerator, leave it out an hour before you start this recipe]
- drizzle honey generously over the peanut butter but don’t overdo it
- apply bacon evenly on toast
- eat open- or closed- faced
- grab some milk, this is a definite mouthful guaranteed to leave you smiling